Monday 6 May 2013

Final Photographs

These 3 photographs are my final piece.




















Personally it was very difficult to come up with an idea for my final piece, i had a mental block in what to do, however after a while i decided i wanted to show off some skill that i learned using photoshop. In these photographs my model is holding a little box, then i took photographs of her looking to the front and both sides. I then used photoshop to cut out her head and place it in the box. I wanted there to be the idea of her looking at herself in the box, almost like statues that you see in places like rome of heads. I think having 3 photographs was a good choice as the photographs are so similar, that if i had 5 it wouldn't look right. It was either have 3 or alot more to make a big square. I decided just to do 3 because i think it would look the most effective. I decided to make them black and white because it seemed to improve the final outcome when i placed them altogether. In colour they looked quite dull so i changed it to black and white and changed the levels of the colours for a better outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna

    Just came across your blog while browsing. Thanks for the feature. I wish you lots of luck with your A-levels. Your work is certainly very interesting!

    Cheers, Eric

    ReplyDelete